Thursday, September 30, 2010

Attention

I was trying to check my emails this morning before work and my dog, Chewy, jumped up in my lap and stood in front of the screen and pushed my hand off the mouse.  If I tried to go back to my work, he would do anything he could to block me.  I love the way dogs just tell it like it is.  He was saying that he was more important than what I was doing.  He wanted my time and my attention.  It made me stop and give him some love and take him for his walk.
I think that I would be better off if God would do the same thing to me.  If he would just make the TV shut off or gently nudge me off the sofa when I am being lazy, then I would be reminded that my priorities might be wrong.  Instead I have to rely on my faithfulness to God, which often fails the test.  I get caught up in my activities of the day and lose track of the time.  I need to keep God as my center.  He also wants and deserves my time and attention.  Thank you Lord for your patience with me.

No comments: