Thursday, September 23, 2010

Passion

I was thinking on my drive to work this morning about trying to incorporate my passions in life into my ministry.  I have a passion for teaching God's word and for scrapbooking, so I have been investigating ways to bring these passions into service opportunities.  While I was thinking on these ideas, I was immediately convicted on the fact that while God has given me these gifts and in fact has given me the passion for these things, my first passion needs to be for Jesus.  I get so caught up in serving Jesus or teaching about God, that I forget to show my passion about Jesus.  In fact, I think I don't even feel passionate about Jesus.  I hate to admit that but I need to be honest. I love him, I worship him, I try to live my life for him, but am I truly passionate about him?  Do I share with others a passion for Jesus?  Sadly, no.  This is my prayer for today, to develop and display a passion for my Savior and Lord.

No comments: