Monday, September 13, 2010

Being honest with God

I have been reading the psalms for the past few days.  I love the honesty that is displayed by the writers of these verses.  In the book of Psalms we can see love, anguish, praise, anger, and just about every emotion that can be expressed.  I love the reminder that God wants all of us; he wants us to be honest in our conversations with him.  I know that I try to be "holy" sometimes in my prayers, expressing what I think God would like to hear.  But in the Psalms, we see the good and bad all displayed openly. God can't really help us or heal us without our honesty, because it shows our lack of trust, our lack of faith in God.  And of course, he already knows what we are really thinking and feeling anyway - we aren't surprising him!  For today, for me though, it is all praise.

"I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.   (Psalm 9:1-2)

No comments: