Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pleasing words

I am convicted tonight about my words.  I know that God desires my words to be for encouragement and lifting others up, but how often do I let that little comment slip out and wish I could take it back.  Or worse yet, purposefully say something hurtful or prideful or take part in gossip.  I know that God has called me to encourage and inspire others; it is part of his plan for my life.  But I constantly have to pray for wisdom and guidance on how to control my tongue.  I often need to allow for silence or quiet reflection instead of jumping in with advice.  Psalm 19:14 says "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."  Those around me hear my words and they should reflect my faith, but I must remember that God also "hears" my heart.  Both need to be pleasing to God.

No comments: