Wednesday, September 22, 2010

seeking

I have been exploring possible service opportunities and don't yet know if any of them will be the right place for me to serve right now.  I am simply following through on ideas and opportunities that jump into my mind or doors that seem to be opening.  I realize that in the past I have often had a sense of call or seen a possible need to fill, but then I don't bother to follow through.  Sometimes, I even have really good ideas but lose interest.  I then will say that God didn't open the right doors, when in fact, it was just that I didn't want to put myself out there.  I was being disobedient to God. I am now trying to be more intentional on my part and then trusting God to work out the details on where he wants me to serve.  To serve faithfully, we first need to offer ourselves up to God and then be active in prayer and action, seeking and then using God's wisdom and discernment as a guide.  Who knows where God will lead us?

No comments: