Tuesday, September 7, 2010

memorizing scripture

I have always struggled with memorizing scripture.  I don't know why; maybe I have been too lazy or maybe I haven't fully committed myself to the endeavor.  I know how important it is to know God's word, to have it at the tip of our tongue when we need it, to know the location of a particular passage.  And yet, I still struggle.  I know that I can do this with God's help, and that is what I pray for now.  I pray for God to give the desire, the time and the persistence to place his word in my heart and in my mind.
I am placing this challenge of faith out to everyone.  If this is not a struggle for you, then pray for the rest of us.  No specific passage or time line, just start with a favorite passage, or one that speaks to you today. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A good thing to do is everyday day just open the bible and read a random verse memorize it and see how it applies to your life.

Anonymous said...

this is certainly a challenge for me and one area that I am hoping to slowly chip away with. will keep you in my prayers so together we will perserve as we fill our hearts and minds with his word. i also think being an awana leader will help with this, too!