Sunday, August 22, 2010

The First Step

As I study the book of James in the New Testament, I realize just how much of my faith is superficial.  James tells us that faith without action is not really faith at all.  In other words, if we don't live our faith, show our faith through service to others, then we need to question our true commitment to God. I realize how much of my faith is only talk.  I know my heart and God knows my heart, but left in my heart, my faith does not produce fruit - it doesn't result in action or service to others.  We are called to become like Jesus, who was all action.  His life was service - teaching, healing, mentoring.

My first step on this journey of faith is to start a blog.  This is a big step, since I have never even read a blog before, which I am sure you can readily tell by this first post.  I hope to inspire and encourage others to join me on a journey of faith - a challenge to live life as James describes and God expects.


Sharon

1 comment:

North Shore Craft Girl said...

I AM SO HAPPY AND ENCOURAGED THAT I CAN GET CLOSER TO GOD THROUGH YOUR JOURNEY..I NEED THIS BLOG, AND I AM BLESSED BY IT THANKS.