Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Blessings

Today has been a blessed day.  Two or three times a month, I drive over to the other side of the island to work at Kaneohe Marine Base.  The beauty of the drive never ceases to amaze me.  As I come out of the tunnel on the other side of the mountain, there is an incredible panoramic view of God's scenery - the steep cliffs of the mountain range and the ocean all visible.  God "did good" when he created Hawaii!  And God has blessed me by placing me in this paradise.  I don't deserve to see this beauty every day.  I also don't deserve all the other blessings that God has given me but I am grateful. 
We need to  remember that none of us deserve God's mercy and grace and forgiveness, but he gives them to us anyway.  And while God does not need a payment for his gifts, he does deserve our devotion and our faithful service. What an awesome God we serve!

2 comments:

ld said...

Hi Sharon,
You are doing great with your blog...keep it up! Yes, we definately serve a mighty and awesome God and i am so grateful to know that when i am exausted and weekend by life He always steps in and give me that lift that i need to take the next step to get trough my day.
We missed you on Wednesday night. I hope that you were able to work on you paper and get some rest. Lisa

Unknown said...

EVERY view in Hawaii is beautiful!! How blessed you are, no doubt!! Even stepping out your front door was beautiful to us. I have to remind myself to remember God created Georgia too sometimes ;-)