Monday, October 11, 2010

Privilege of serving

As I have been preparing for my first sermon to give in class, I have become acutely aware of the privilege that it entails. To have the opportunity to teach or preach God's message to others is truly a blessing. It is also a responsibility that must not be taken lightly. I don't know if I will ever be called to preach outside of this class, but I do know that I have been called to teach God's word. Either way, I am struck by how it humbles me. Who am I to be used in this way? I think that anything that God has called us to do should be considered sacred and a blessing, for we are serving The Living God. Lord, I pray for wisdom and guidance and I am thankful for the opportunity to serve you. I pray for all of those that are reading this blog, that you will show each of them how to use their gifts and talents for you as we all move forward on our journey of faith in service.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Will keep you in prayer Sharon as you prepare your sermon for your class .. What an awesome opportunity and experience for you! I pray that the Lord uses you as His vessel to share His truth to your peers in a way that is simple, applicable and meaningful ...Praise God!