Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I just got home from class and am excited about what I know we are going to learn this term. I am taking preaching, which would have terrified me in the past, but God has been placing me in speaking situations over and over again preparing me for this.  Every time I get in front of a group and speak, I know God is with me.  It is one of those things I can not do on my own power.  God uses our weakness to reveal his power.  We listened to a sermon tonight to critique it and I was struck by a comment made in the sermon.  The speaker said that theology matters, meaning that using our heads to learn about God and to understand God's word, leads to worshiping God with our hearts.  I love the blessings that I have received through these classes and the more I learn, the more I love God.

No comments: