Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I am embarrassed-

I attended a funeral this weekend for the father of a friend. I did not personally know her father, but during his memorial service many spoke of his faith. This was a defining characteristic - a true faith that was revealed in his actions, consistently. I cried at the service as I was convicted of my failure in this area over the past few months (or longer). I have faith, I love God; but, I have been remiss in demonstrating these facts on a daily basis.

As I prayed later about this, I realized just how far I have drifted from God. And the reason? Failure to spend time in prayer, Bible study and fellowship with other Christians. I begin to go through the motions with a superficial faith when I let these foundations collapse.

I am embarrassed. But I am grateful for God's mercy and grace as I strive to be obedient and faithful once again.

No comments: