Sunday, August 14, 2011

Faith is action

It is amazing to me how quickly we can get lazy with our faith. I know that I get great ideas and plans on how to live my faith to the fullest. I will pray and plan... but then often fail to follow through. The more busy I become, the less action I show. I realize that it is mostly because of failure to set appropriate priorities, so that is my goal this week - To take a few small steps of action toward a specific goal. I know that life is not going to slow down, nor do I want it to. Therefore, I need to just be a woman of action. Not a woman of talk, (which I can certainly do well), but a woman who gets things done and makes things happen. This is God 's desire for each of us - to use the talents and passions that he gave each of us to step forward and make our little corner of the world a little better today.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yes! how easy it is for me to let life's busyness and distractions get in the way of being intentional for God. I pray that today we are able to recognize the opportunities God is putting in front of us and we are able to take that intentional step forward for Him :)